Section 1 - Matter part 1 (36 min)
- The atom
- Reading the periodic table
- Elements, compounds, mixtures
- Filtering and using indicators
- Model for combining atoms
- Acids, bases and indicators
Section 2 - Matter part 2 (24 min)
- Weight of gas
- Physical and chemical properties
- Chemical change
- Paper chromatography
- Density of solids, liquids and gases
- Preparing hydrogen
- Ratio of combining chemicals
- Preparing and testing carbon dioxide
Section 3 - Mechanics (24 min)
- Forms of energy
- Energy conversions
- Gravity, mass and weight
- Laws of motion
- Potential and kinetic energy
View a sample project from the "Physical Science 4-6" section in the teacher handbook.
Grades: 4-6, Running Time: 1 hr. 54 min. Format: VHS. Copyright: 1986.
Includes: Printed teaching outline.
ORDER 4-6 Physical Life Science I video + teaching outline here.